IQA CPD online Course for First Aid Qualifications
Programme Outline (CPD point value 7)
Cost - £40 + VAT
As an Awarding Organisation many Training Providers cannot get approved because they do not have an Internal Qualified Assurer (IQA), which is a mandatory part of becoming approved to offer Ofqual regulated qualification from an Awarding Body. This online course can be started at any time.
Contact AoFA Qualifications on 0129 3344556 to register.
This is a blended learning course for trainers, assessors and internal quality assurance staff. It is targeted at the range of AoFAQ, regulated first aid training qualifications.
The course is presented in a blended format consisting of recorded webinars, videos and exercises. The exercises are carried out in your own first aid training dept/centre/business/workplace. This makes this course highly effective as it is about the processes and procedures you use for your training activities instead of the more convention approach to generic training.
The course lasts typically 7 hrs plus exercises and research. It is split into three 2 hr webinars plus activities you will need to submit for monitoring.
On completion, you will receive a certificate awarding you 7 CPD points.
Note however, this is not a qualification, we strongly recommend that you take the Regulated Qualifications for Training, Assessment and Internal Quality Assurance. Further information is available on our website at www.AoFAQualifications.org
The course covers the following areas:
1. Introduction to Awarding Organisation and AoFAQ
2. Qualification(s) Overview:
3. Approval Requirements:
- Target Audience
- Framework (e.g. QCF, SCQF)
- Supporting Organisations (e.g. SSC/Bs, industry bodies eg HSE)
- Rules of Combination and first aid units
- Delivery Overview Guidance (e.g. recommend XX days delivery)
- Assessment Overview Guidance (e.g. assessment method eg Practical Demonstration/Assignment etc)
- Quality Assurance Overview Guidance (e.g. internally quality assured, external quality assurance)
4. Qualification Delivery Guidance:
- Centre Requirements
- Workforce Requirements
- Maintaining CPD
- Any further specific guidance (e.g. approval visit required)
5. Qualification Assessment Guidance:
- Role and responsibilities of the Trainer
- Provide an overview of a recommended delivery programme(s)
- Guidance on any additional requirements (e.g. minimum contact days/time), see appendix B of the first aid AO forum terms of reference
6. Qualification Internal Quality Assurance Guidance:
- Role and responsibilities of the Assessor(s) including independent assessment for centres offering in NI
- Principles of assessment ensuring assessments are valid, reliable, authentic, current, sufficient, fair and made against specified assessment criteria
- Importance of the assessment cycle e.g. plan, do, review
- Audit trail and record keeping for QA purposes
- Provide an overview of the AO specific assessment approach/design
- Provide examples of AO assessment paperwork where appropriate
- Guidance on how to prepare and complete assessment(s) following AO requirements
- Practical exercises/activities on conducting first aid assessments of both practical and theory
7. Qualification External Quality Assurance Guidance:
- Role and responsibilities of the Internal Quality Assurer
- Principles of internal quality assurance sampling of assessor work, providing a support function for assessors and sharing good practice
- Observing first aid training activity and providing feedback
- Leading the standardisation process
- Provide an overview of the AOs exemplar internal quality assurance approach/design (where appropriate)
- Provide examples of AO internal quality assurance paperwork where appropriate
- Practical exercises/activities on conducting first aid internal quality assurance
- Role and responsibilities of the External Quality Assurer
- Provide an overview of the AOs external quality assurance strategy/procedure
This online course can be started at any time. Contact AoFA Qualifications on 0129 3344556 to register.